View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 23:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Moonpie,

You are so right. Seems like there is a huge low carb frenzy here in central florida lately. When I started 8 months ago it was so hard to find low carb products. But now, i am finding them at all of the grocery stores.

A BBQ right down the road from me has a sign posted saying

ATKINS DIET TRY OUR PORK AND RIBS

Can you believe that? A resturant is advertising their food to Atkins dieters. Pretty cool.

My friend Amy who started 2 months ago went to a health food store in the next town over. She called me up to tell me that they have 2 full isle of low carb products and a freezer section filled with low carb. They also sell soft serve low carb ice cream. In FL this is a must!

Then when they were leaving the store, her husband noticed a chessecake place in the strip center. They had a big sign stating they now make a low carb cheese cake.

I eat Atkins bars during the week for breakfast. When I first started, Publix had a few boxes and you could tell no one ever bought them. Now, they run out of them all of the time. So does Walgreens and Albertsons. Goes to show there are lots of people low carbing. I can count at least 6 people in my office building.

So speak up everyone. Merchants want to make money. If they know it will sell, they will be more than happy to carry the products!