#5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 330/290/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Elaine,

I'm new here (my first post! Woohoo!), but not new to LowCarb/High Protein dieting.

In 2000, I went on Atkins Induction Diet for 3 weeks. I dropped from a pant size 52 to 46 in 3 weeks.
I have no idea what I weighed prior to going on Atkins at that time-but I am currently wearing a size 50 (and can get into a 48) but I weigh 320 Lbs....so, I think I must have been weighing around 360+ lbs. when I was in the 52's!
Then, like an idiot, I upped my carbs...and eventually abandoned the diet (can anyone say "Mad Cow Disease"?) My mom and dad were afraid I might get sick..admittedly, I was tired all of the time. As much as I love my mom, sometimes she is the biggest naysayer... I've been on Atkins for 2 weeks now, I've lost 10 pounds...and today she started in on the..."it might be dangerous" routine....and of course, she prefers to eat that high carb diet...and is on humilin(diabetes....both my parents have Adult Onset diabetes.....and I decided that I am NOT going to get it out of sheer laziness!)
I have not dropped my carbs low enough (I bought Ketostrips
today and checked...there were only trace amounts of Keytones there...so, starting tomorrow, I'm doing what I did last time I tried it - All Meat and eggs, with a little bit of salad everyday, and a little bit of cheese.

For example, for breakfast I could have a 2 egg omlette, with 1 slice of cheese, and 4 pieces of turkey bacon....that is a 3 gram carb meal...at worst. The cheese I am using says it has 0 grams of carbs, the turkey bacon - I don't do pork - has 0 carbs, and the eggs have 1 gram of carbs per egg...I could make a 3 egg omlette...and I may, I'm just working out my meal plan/routine tonight.

I like to basically eat the same thing every day...one of my friends is doing this with me, and she want's variety, but I need the "STABILITY" (or repetition) from eating a familiar routine.
It takes away any of the guesswork. Besides, there's only so many ways that you can cook meat. I'm not a big fowl eater...I don't really like baked chicken, but I have coated it in Parmasean cheese and fried it, and it was so much better than breaded chicken that it wasn't funny, and fried chicken is my favorite!

I'm going to start a webpage and put my measurements, weight, as well as my meal plan (with a known carb count per meal ) online ASAP.

For me, the Induction diet is the only way to go.
On top of that, I am descended from what is called "Upper Paeleolithic Survivors" (Neanderthals) so this typr of diet is what is best suited for me...now i just have to set up my Gravity Edge machine, oil the old treadmill and get my butt exercising so that I can REALLY burn off some carbs!

Tim