View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Kristine!! You're back !! Nice avatar...are you exercising there or something? Lookin' good!

What did you do with Morticia???

I'm glad you found some excitement...I'm being careful not to say "motivation" because I think you may have, in old photos, found "inspiration" but remember that is an ideal, not a driving force...(Listen to me, all clinical and everything )

But you know what I mean? I was thinking a lot today about this...about the EXTERNAL motivation...okay, the weight loss, the goal, the "competition" even. But what about INTRINSIC motivation??? That we do it for some sacred, personal determination because we simply do the best for ourselves consistently. Where is that?? THAT's the driving force!

Sure won't find that here. It's a pretty good effort, but it's hardly basic training. Until recently I hadn't gained any, and was stagnant enough to call that "acceptable"...but the fact is, I could have put my nose to the ground and maybe LOST some more. As little as I have to go to 160, I probably could have been at my first goal.

Would like to hear from others on this...what really makes you GET on track and STAY there?? Where does your internal and external motivation come from?

You know, I may start a thread on this, because I'm really interested in the responses...