View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 14:11

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Hi, Koko! I would bet that most doctors wouldn't believe in the spit test, since most mainstream doctors don't believe candida exists.

I, for one, have candida, self diagnosed. This is how I determined I had it (besides symptoms, which I have alot of)

1. I have been on antibiotics more times than I can count.

2. I have food allergies, and am allergic to mold.

3. When I take an anti-fungal, I get a horrible die-off reaction.

I have not had alot of problems with vaginal yeast infections, maybe only six in my lifetime. I do, however have alot of stomach/digestive problems.

I think that if you have a mild case, the candida diet would help a great deal. The yogurt probably won't be much help. You would have to eat gallons of it everyday to get the benefits of a good probiotic. You really need to sit down, and review your health history. If you have been on alot of antibiotics, or birth control pills, or take alot of NSAIDS (ibuprophen, etc.) it is highly possible you have Candida.

With a true case of Candida, multiple supplements are necessary. I take too many to list here. Like I said, think about your health history, and let us know if you really think you have candida, there are alot of knowledgable folks on this forum who can really help. I have read volumes on this subject and am still finding new information.

Good luck!

-Jess