View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 13:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Well...I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and polishing off the jar of peanuts I bought yesterday. Thought I'd have the whole can finished off last night, but I guess I forgot to eat another 60 or so...I figured I'd get them out of the house. This is how the bad habits take over.

Yes, Kristine...something other than just a new date on the calendar has to motivate us slackers. It's not happening here either, and I'm really concerned about it. I was actually tempted to get a piece of carrot cake last night from Baker's Square ... I didn't do it, but it's the FIRST time I've thought about it in months. Associations. Yep...hmmmm...

How about we do a little homework and come back with something practical that we can toss around on this thread? We need a plan or idea for really moving those of us not pulling it together... that's what we're here for, right?

I'm really big on habit replacements instead of habit kicking...and much more on the positive reinforcement when trying to make a change...

I'm going to regroup. I need to decide again. And if it takes going back to the basic kindergarten level of repeat ideas, fine. Someone mentioned that we get cocky...we veterans get the hang of something and think we don't need the newbie stuff anymore... we've become counselors instead of clients, huh?

Well, let's consider this the counselor's corner...you know, "who takes care of the caretakers???" Well, they take care of each other... that's US.

We may need to do more than just hang out and report here...we may have to get something else going. Bring out the big guns maybe...

Weighed 167 today. Will be having Jan over for dinner and LC cheesecake, so that is unlikely to change for tomorrow. But I did get a good workout last night...maybe will do a good walk today for starters.