Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/152/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default For all who get anxiety over excersize

hi

I just wanted to share and experience I had this month. Its geared to all of you that are afraid to enter a gym for fear of everyone looking at you and "laughing" (that's what we believe will happen right)

Anyway I recently signed up for a Hip Hop dance class at my daughter's dance academy. It had been a goal of mine to dance like Britney Spears (never)... so I figured I'd try this.

Well first of all I was the fattest person in the class. My stomach was in knots. Everyone could touch thier toes, not me. The sit ups... I barely survived, while the other women were pumping like it aint no thing... then we got to the dancing..

well imagine a rhyno "shaking its bootie" and you have an image of me. I was the dorkiest dork in there. I was frustrated and wanted to cry.. but I told myself I will not quit.

Sooo... I kept truddging to this hip hop class, made lots of friends, and found out that none of the women were critisizing me... in fact they said that they were too busy feeling like they were the top dorks too.

Now I love the class and have fun shaking my rhyno butt.

So to all you petrified to go to a class, or gym... dont let the fear rule you. I am still the fattest girl in the class.. but now I dont let that upset me.

thanks

ilona

PS I challenge all you people who have yet to set foot in a gym to go this week. Do it, go, try it out. Embrace your big butts and do not be ashamed. It is amazingly empowering.
Sponsored Links