View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 04:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Reality Check

I was cleaning and rearranging my kitchen a bit last night, and thought I would share with you some light bulbs that flashed!

I have more counter space! Yep. All the cannisters of spaghetti, minute rice, grits, flour, sugar, and brown sugar are gone.

I replaced them with my food processor, which was stored under the cabinet for 7 years. Why was it stored? Not much need to process Hamburger Helper, Mac n Cheese, and mashed potatoes! :P

More cabinet space too! All the canned veggies, cereals, canned fruits, spaghetti sauces, muffin, brownie and cake mixes, gone.

I do notice my refrigerator is *crammed* to the gills with fresh veggies, condiments like mayo and mustard, salad dressings, butter, meats and cheeses.

Cleaning up is easier. I am not using as many pots and pans, and the foods I am eating now are not the "stick to the pan" foods like I used to have. Potatoes seemed to be the worst, but adding fats to cook with was not something I ever used to do. Odd, huh?

Then, after I had cooked a nice meal, cleaned the kitchen, and rearranged everything, about 3 hours in all, I realized that not once did I have to sit down! Never once was I out of breath, and the real beauty of it? I even broke a sweat! I can't remember the last time that happened when I wasn't asleep!

Used to be I had to sit the whole time I cooked, I sat while I washed dishes, and when I would clean, I had to sit every 15 minutes or so! I find myself less and less having to ask people to do things for me, and this is such a great relief!

I now work out almost every day.

Sometimes I even feel like exercising twice!

I feel like I am getting my life back.

Just thought I would share.
Sponsored Links