View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:49

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default Kaela,

Hi! I am battling this candida thing, as well. I never knew I had it until I started Atkins. I am not officially diagnosed, but I am 99.9% positive I have it, and probably have had it for at least 10 years.

I just wanted to let you know that you should stay away from ALL artificial sweeteners! No Splenda. I didn't know that, most anti-candida diets don't mention it. I have given up all things containing Splenda, and my candida is dying off again (hate those die-off symptoms!!! Plus, the splenda was stalling my weight loss, since giving it up, I am down three pounds this week!!!

I am also taking a product called Candistroy. It is really strong, but seems to be working. The caprylic acid worked only slightly. The Candistroy is a two part system. You can find it at any health food store, or order it online. I like iherb.com. It is also good to alternate your anti-yeast supps. Don't take any formula for more than two weeks, keep switching, it confuses the yeast. Sounds goofy, huh? I am confusing my yeast. But the yeast can build up a resistance to the products.

Some other supplements that are very important to take are molybdenum, and pantethine. If you are interested in long, lengthy explanations as to why those are good, just let me know!

Good luck!

-Jess