#3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 12:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BodyRx
Stats: 209/169/150 Female 67 inches
BF:43%/32%/24%
Progress: 68%

Hi there...

I've always loved veggies so focusing on them hadn't been a problem for me... but here are some of the ones I regularly eat. Maybe this will help!

- brocolli and cauliflower (steamed or sauted with butter, lemon -juice, salt and pepper... or with cheese sauce)

- cauliflower is also excellent mashed up (cook until very soft & then blend with butter and garlic - almost like mashed potatoes!) or shredded & fried (look up Karen's cauli-flied-rice recipe in the recipe section on this board)

- celery sticks and cream cheese (daily snack for me, lots of fibre)

- grape or cherry tomatoes (I eat plenty of regular tomatoes too, but find the little ones great for snacking. Be careful about having to many though cuz tomatoes have more carbs than some other veggies)

- made "lasagne" the other night, only with eggplant slices instead of noodles. It was SO good. If you'd like the recipe, send me a PM.

- have you tried asparagus? It's one of those veggies that people either love or hate, but I love it. It's great sauted with garlic, butter and lime juice.

- green beans are fine as well

- mushrooms! (fried with butter - yum)

- zuchinni. I'm not too crazy about this one by itself, but I often include it when I make stir fry dinners.

- bell peppers -- again, great for stir fry dinners

- spaghetti squash ( this is a good veggies for tricking yourself into believing you're eating noodles. I've made spaghetti sauce to pour over it and love it. Also good for casserole dishes)

Um... I think I'm about tapped out!
Hope something there tweaks your interest!
Not sure if you've bought any low-carb recipe books yet, but they've been a great source of ideas for me.

Good luck!