#6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 08:24
Run Spot, run!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Wink CAD

If you are interested in CAD you should stop over to their forum and see if you can engage Zuleikka. They are a most helpful and supportive group of people... I can say from my own experience that CAD is stricter than you think it will be initially. The reward meal is a very tempting component of that particular way of eating, but in order to "qualify" for that reward meal, you have to follow the rules that the Hellers have devised. If you "make your own CAD program" you are likely to run into trouble. At least I know I did. Plus, there are some things that are generally LC friendly, or allowed on the Atkins program, that are restricted or forbidden on CAD. The other thing that causes some people trouble is "mixing" elements of one plan with another. I think Karen (our resident chef!) said she had some problems when she introduced some elements of Atkins into her successful Protein Power plan. You might want to do a search and see if you can find her discussion of that...all LC plans are not created equal and the subtle differences can cause some sensitive people real problems; it is wise that you want to get educated about your options before jumping in.

Hope this helps.