View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/231/150
BF:
Progress: 16%

Well I read a little in the candida forum and also read in NDR. I don't think I'm a "host". I read the list of symptoms, and I do have a few (I think it was 5 out of 14), and they are really general ones that can be attributed to other things (such as nasal congestion, post-nasal drip--am getting over a cold, low energy, feeling low, irritable--could be thyroid, etc.). The only thing that changed from eating the carbs was the fatigue and my energy level which had been in the negative. I don't have any abdominal symptoms, have never been on any steriods, not on BC, and have only been on antibiotics a few times (I try to avoid them unless really necessary).
I also did not have really strong cravings for sweets and carbs. The main reason I cheated was that I was tired of ordering sandwiches without the bun when we go out to eat--and pizza has always been one of my very favorite foods.

I can't say for sure that I don't have it. The symptoms are so varied and there is no definite "If you have more than so many then more than likely you have it". Get what I'm saying? And I'm also assuming there is no definitive test for it, which doesn't help matters.

Thank you for responding and the suggestion--I never would have even thought to check that out.