View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 06:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Diffuse fatty liver and low carb?

I have been diagnosed with this and hyperlipidemia when I had an attack of acute colitis late last year.

After doing some research, I found that it is linked with insulin resistance, metabolic disorder, protein-calorie deficiency, and hyperlipidemia, among other things. There is no known "cure" or treatment.

My concern is, I have lived with "liver pain" for many years, but when I went the doctor and say, "My liver hurts", he asks me, "How do you know it's your liver?" and brushes me off.

I am concerned about this diet, and the liver pain is worsening somewhat since I started. I am aware that low carb is the treatment for insulin resistance, but concerned about the fat intake with regards to storage in the liver.

I hate my doctor, all doctors, in fact, and I know if I tell him I am on Atkin's or low carbing at all, he will freak and tell me to "low fat low calorie".

Anyone else had this disease? Any suggestions? I really do not have the time nor capability to "doctor shop" till I find someone that agrees with me, or simply tells me what I want to hear to get paid for a visit.
Sponsored Links