#7   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 17:37

Plan: Atkins with Paleo/Primal
Stats: 194/162/159 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortonMan
I've been reading a lot of posts about the different recipes cooked up to mimic "real food", and I've tried low-carb pancakes, one minute muffins, etc.

But I wonder if I wouldn't be just as well off, moving out of induction, with trying small portions of the real thing: say a sandwich with 1/2 slice of real (whole wheat) bread, or 8 oz of actual milk with a blueberry muffin or such.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences trying this?

Well you are getting close to your goal weight, it looks like from your stats.

You should be moving up the OWL ladder to find your carb limit for maintenance. All of the things you mentioned are "allowed" as rungs of OWL. I highly recommend you re-read the OWL part of an atkins book and follow it as you add things in.

For example, you would add the blueberries first, eating 5 carbs worth, and that is the only new thing you add that week.

Then you add another new food from the next OWL rung the next week.

The good thing about adding foods in slowly is you can identify any foods that make you bloat up and not feel good (indicating inflammation due to a food sensitivity) or if you get bad cravings afterward, then thats a trigger food for you.

If you were to add in 3 new foods at once you wouldn't be able to tell which one was a problem.