View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-05-11, 09:45

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default My husband is confused

So he has heart disease, high blood pressure but is not overweight - well he had all his blood work done last week and his cholesterol is now normal but his good chol is down and his triglycerides (sp) are way too high and now his blood sugar is too high also???

So last week I decided he will follow LC/high fat diet along with me as I need to lose weight. Well his Dr sent him a letter telling him he should follow a low sugar, low fat diet - which I know isn't the way to go but he kinda got shook up as we have been eating high fat.

I told him not to worry about the fat it's the carbs that are the problem - is there an easier way to ease his mind - he thinks because he isn't following his Dr's orders it's wrong - but like I pointed out to him after his heart surgery he followed the low fat low calorie diet (best he could) and it's been a year and his blood work shows now high blood sugar!!

I just keep telling him we will have his blood work done again in 6 months and if his results aren't better eating this way - well then maybe he should follow his Dr's orders. I just have to believe he will show improvement!
Sponsored Links