View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 05:44

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

You may want to pop over to the Candida/IBS board too. The fact that you felt so crappy then felt much better after the high carb meal suggests you may also have candida. It is very common for folks who begin fairly drastic low carbing to feel pretty crappy while they detox, and the folks harboring candida get hit the hardest. As the candida begins to starve one of the very classic symptoms of cadida infestation is that it makes you crave *unbelieveably* strong toward sweets/starches/fermented products. When you cave in and eat the sweet/starch, then the candida feels better and you feel better (momentarily) too. But continuing to low carb will eventually kill the little buggers off and you'll feel better in the long run. But candida can make your life a living hell while you slowly kill it off. I suspect a lot of folks who 'just can't stay on low carb' are really candida hosts. Candida is really tough to get rid of and every time you 'cheat' it just keeps the candida alive. If after reading some of the threads you suspect you may also have candida then I would strongly disagree with CAD or similar. Candida hosts pretty much have to stay on Induction for at least 3 months (depending on how bad the candida infestation is). It took me about a year to totally get rid of it. I *truly* felt possessed...as I was, by candida.