View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 21:29

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%
Unhappy I TOTALLY blew it tonight. I don't know what happened.

I have been doing so well-until tonight. It hit me out of NOWHERE! I prepared a meal that would suit Atkins induction and then WHAM! I was feeding the twins (14 months old) a few cheerios while I was eating my supper. My husband wasn't home. He went to a hockey game w/my brother-in-law. Before I knew what happened, I had a handful of cheerios in my mouth.

Did I stop there? NO! I found our son's (12) Valentine's candy and had 2 Hershey's miniatures in my mouth. Did I stop there? NO. I then ate an Atkin's bar-which I CAN'T eat and lose weight for some reason-and to top it off, I ate one of my hubby's girl scout cookies before I finally got a grip!!

What in the world happened to me? I swear it hit me out of nowhere. I DID NOT see it coming or else I would have tried to arm myself. I am so disappointed and disgusted w/myself. I have been doing awesome. I've lost 14.5# in just over 3 weeks. Who knows what damage I did to that progress in just a period of 5 minutes.

I can't EVER let this happen again, yet I don't know how to prevent it. My family shouldn't have to do without the foods they love and can eat without weight issues just because of me. I didn't think that I was supposed to have cravings. I don't even know if it was a craving. I think that it was a total and instantaneous loss of self-control. I feel so weak and ashamed. I have so much to lose that I can't afford to make mistakes like this again.

Any ideas?? Our son's soccer team is having their chili supper tomorrow night to top things off. I don't know what to do about that, yet. I don't suppose a bowl of chili is allowed, is it?

Please, give me a kick in that pants to straighten me out! I need a dose of reality here. (Don't worry, I can take it!)
Sponsored Links