View Single Post
  #219   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-11, 21:46

Plan: 4 hour body
Stats: 255/220/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start by saying I know your pain- having random dark patches on your body is not cute. I've had acanthosis nigricans since I was about 12. I was always told by doctors that there was nothing to be done other than to lose weight. So I did that. I went from 255 to 165 in about 2 years, but to my dismay, the acanthosis didn't go away! I gained weight again, to 235, and have lost 15 lbs over the last 3 months. Only this time, I'm following a low carb plan and the acanthosis is going away!! (the color more so than the wrinkles, but still a good sign) I've never had diabetes but my body fat accumulates around my stomach, which is a sign that your body doesn't process sugar well. SO, my suggestion is go EXTREMELY low carb- zero carb if you can- and this should slowly go away. Seriously, stick to a diet that consists of chicken/fish, vegetables, beans, and water. No fruit, no flour products, no rice, no soda, no juice; basically nothing white or that could be white. ie: no white OR brown rice. I wish I had done this diet when I was younger... I've learned to look at food as a necessity not a treat.