View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-11, 03:59

Plan: atkins/i&NIPD
Stats: 157.0/139.6/119 Female 159cm
BF:32%+/31.5%/??
Progress: 46%

for me, fibre makes no difference/make things worse in the long run and laxatives - again - my bowels appear to become dependent, so that I only "go". Upping my water helps stop me getting contipated but does nothing to resolve a problem (but it's a good idea to keep it high anyway)

the things that work for me long term are 1) a high fat ratio - without being too crude, this makes my stools less bulky and more fatty, they are easier to expel and more regular - it's a fallacy that you need to bulk your stools out with fibre to make them move along your gut.

2) the supps I take are vitd3, mag glycinate and a pre/pro biotic - I take this every morning and "go" within half an hour, if I don't take them I go every other day - I don't take them for this reason, but it clearly affects things.

3) realising that I don't have to go everyday - constipation is defined by the hardness of the stool not the frequency. if I am eating less stuff that my body HAS to eliminate (grains contain mostly useless/toxic bulk that my body needs to get rid of), then there's less need to move my bowels.....