#4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 23:26

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1988
"Researchers in the vegan study noted that strict vegan diets tend to lack key nutrients like iron, zinc, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower the risk of heart-related diseases."

Am I not getting something? They're saying that zinc, vitamin B12 and omega-3's are bad (I wouldn't debate iron)?

So yay for vitamin deficiencies?

Or did they mean that those vitamins lower the risk of heart-related disease? It seems to be worded really weirdly.

Yeah, I don't see how having a vitamin deficiency is anyway to sell being a vegan lol. It is saying they are missing those vitamins that can lower the risk of heart-related diseases...so how does any of this make sense?

To tell the truth, anytime I see the word "may" I usually become extremely skeptical going forward. Seeing as "may" was the 8th word in, I became skeptical very quickly lol.

Of course they aren't taking into account that people who eat meat probably eat other stuff too, and that meat isn't the problem. It's just the fact that they eat meat that's the problem. Demonizing meat. Meat is the scapegoat for poor health apparently.

A lot of the vegetarians that I know pretty well don't seem very healthy to me, some of them are even extremely overweight. It's not because of the veggies...I am sure you can figure it out, lol.