View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 14:08

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

1) Start weight: 160

2) Calories per day: Anywhere from 1500-1900 calories. Right now I'm shooting for 1600.

3) How many pounds per week on average?
This is a really tricky question. Weight loss is not a steady process so I could give you an average number I guess, but that wouldn't really illustrate how it happened.

I started October 2, 2002. Basically I lost about 10 pounds during a three week induction... then a bit less than a pound a week after that I suppose... with some bumps and stalls. Have been as low as 136.5 and most days now weigh in anywhere from 137-143 depending on the time of day, etc.

4) How long did you stay in induction? Three weeks.

Don't expect to lose as quickly as other diets on Atkins after the initial induction, though. Most diets cause you to lose muscle mass, while this one causes you to lose fat and retain muscle with adequate levels of protein.

I've also been working out for the last month... so while I haven't really lost any more weight, my body fat has gone down another percentage according to my Tanita scale!

I have to stress not to compare yourself to others. I know it's hard not to, but our bodies are all different and you have to listen to your own.

Good luck! I hope you see very positive changes with this way of eating.

Angela