View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 13:05
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile Clarification... The Shorter Version!

Not to belabor my point here... but I just got a post in my journal from a buddy of mine. Here is what she said... and my response. I'm posting this here, because my explanation about my Emotions/Mind/Body philosophy is much more compressed this time. I KNOW my letter was more than a bit verbose!
Quote:
Posted in my journal by a friend of mine today:
My Body can be a bitch too! She is like an obstinate teenager and not at all interested in listening to the older and much wiser Mind. She is much more interested in her friends over there in that easy, high-carb world. (so much easier wasn't it?) Mind is persistant and will not give up on the child she ignored for so long. I'm thinking maybe the 2 of them of finally met and are headed in the same direction. Body going out of need--Mind, out of desire. Could this be what they call "Mind-set"??
Quote:
Posted in her journal in response to her post...
We're coming from different points of view on this one. I feel that my Body is the victim here. All my Body wants and needs is nutrition to do what it wants and needs to do. It's my Emotional Center that is overfeeding my defenseless Body. My Mind knows what to do... but has also been taken over by my more powerful Emotional Center... my Gut. I'm not talking about my physical GUT... my Emotional Center Gut... as in "gut feelings". I'm feeling much more in control mentally now... taking much of the control AWAY from my Emotional Command Center. I'm willing to make better decisions in my Mind on behalf of my dear friend, My Body. Does that make sense? I think we've been blaming our bodies for betraying us... when, actually, we've been betraying THEM!