#12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:17
Pending Member

Plan: n/a
Stats: 134.5/120.5/118
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Hi everyone!

LOL Mom - I agree, its is much harder to get those last few pounds off. How long di it take you to get down to where you wanted to be. My husband is doing this with me as well. He is more of a "play by the rules" guy. I want to find the loopholes and just do enough to get by. Guess that's why I still have this weight to get off and he has consistently lost! LOL!

JuneBug61 - OWL scares me. I'm afraid that I can't add carbs back in and control myself. I am just in induction, its my 12th day. I've lost 5.5 pounds. So far I've been alcohol free but last night I can tell ya, if there had been something to drink in my house I would have consumed it all! Haven't lot my craving there! I have no idea how to know when to move on.

Hi everyone. I am so glad there has been such good response here to this thread. A few responses...

Kelly - I know what you mean, I have been fighting these last few pounds forever too! Working out does help me some too. I need to get back to the gym bad! The hardest part about going to the gym for me is actually getting there. The working out part I enjoy!

Loopygem - funny name! from the united kingdom! WOW!!! I personally prefer measuring myself more than weighing. I could care less what I weigh really as long as I can fit into my clothes more comfortably. Glad to have you.

Cindi - thanks for posting here. It does take a lot to do this, but I'm not sure that you are right, I think it takes more to just do it, no matter how much or little you have to lose. Thanks for sharing the journal. I'll check it out. when you get to "where we are" I may still be here trying to get these last few pounds off! LOL! No really!!!

Angela - thanks for the link. Muscle is heavier than fat so maybe you are at your ideal body weight. I have no idea how to determine that though. I'll check out the chat too. sounds fun.

Nix - Europe - we have quite a few people here from all over the world. I love that!!! My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this fall. we are flying into London (cheaper from the states) and really have no set plans yet of where we are going from there. we will be there 7 days. I know what you mean about the "little" part. I have been trying to lose this weight for so long that its hard. I just want to scream that I want it all off and gone once and for all and that I am tired of dealing with this. I KNOW you can do this, its just a one day at a time thing. just a FYI, I started out with 50 pounds to lose and I can say honestly, these last 10 pounds are no easier than the first 10 pounds. But I know you can do it, and taking it step by step, and small goals at a time is the best way. Stick around! you can do this - I know you can!

Kelly - AMEN!!! to your post. Just keep looking forward and don't look back. This is where you are today.

asugar - ....and worth celebrating! YEAH!!!!!! Every pound is worth it! I lift my glass (of water) to ya!

Bye everyone - I'll be around a bunch so keep postin'.

tena