View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 07:24
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%

I was on a 2-3 month stall where the scale WOULD NOT budge. So I got so frustrated i binged for like a day then sometimes it would turn into a 2 week bing. After i got tired of all that, and being bloated and tired, and sad that i kept blowing my diet I reevaluated my diet and heres what i changed and its made ALL THE DIFFERENCE:

First and formost, i've cut my meals in HALF. I dont eat 6 times a day. I eat 3 times a day and maybe a snack. I'll make a normal portion breakfast of lets say sausage, eggs, and cheese...but i'll eat only until i'm like ok my stomach is full, eating the rest would be just to eat fo eatings sake,.....BOOM i throw it out.

This not only has shrung my stomach, but i feel reallly really good. I used to be a slave to my stomach and eyes, and especially since i am and emotional eater X 3, I would really over eat on Atkins thinking it was ok and that i could eat until i was OVERLY full. Now i feel lighter, and healther and more in control.

Second, i cut out DRIVE THRU meals, aka, cheeseburgers, etc. I think even though i was taking off the bun or what not, the amount of sodium was KILLING ME.

Third, i cut out APARTAME. No sweet and low, no diet coke, etc. I drink Diet Rite.

If i eat fruit ( I LOVE APPLES AND PEANUT BUTTER) i'll eat only half of the apple, and measure out only a table spoon of PB, so everything has boundaries and limitations, not the a free for all like it was before.

I started all Sunday, its Thursday now, and Wednesday when i weighted my self i dropped 3 pounds. And this is taking into account the huge ass snow storm in the northeast and i didnt go to the gym in 3 days. Thats another key...you HAVE to exercise, not just to lose weight but you also HAVE to do atleast some light lifting, so that all the extra skin caused my lost fat doesnt just HANG there but rather turns into some nice MUSCELS (Papi reference). Good luck, kick butt, and listen to your body, its got your answers you just have to listen to it.

JM