View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 03:31
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hello again to Darla... and hello to Kristine and April... Thanks so much for commenting on my Letter. It was from the heart... which I define as the best of my emotions. My positive and constructive emotions reside in my heart... and, it seems, that my more destructive and confused emotions live in my gut. This Letter to my Body came from my positive bank. Can you tell... is it obvious... that I'm doing all sort of introspection and reorganizing? I am... and it's a wonderful Pre-Spring housecleaning! I'm enjoying finding all these hidden treasures that I feel sure we all have!

Darla... I had to chuckle about the soda through your nose. I've done that!

Kristine... I loved your observations about how we care for others and our possessions better than we care for ourselves. VERY well put! I liked that! I had posted something similar...well... along the same lines in my journal tonight. Here's what I said there... so you don't have to add yet another journal to your reading list...
Quote:
I've talked to friends many times over the years about how wonderful it would be if we could diet FOR EACH other. We all agreed that we could and WOULD lose weight for someone else. It would be a labor of love... but we wondered WHY we couldn't or wouldn't do it for ourselves. It made for very interesting conversation. Well... I think I might have found what works for me... recognizing and acknowledging my own Body as my best friend. Make sense? Does to me!
Sort of the same thing you said... in a way... eh? It's too soon to tell for sure... but somehow I feel SURE that by sort of dissociating myself from my Body... and seeing my Body as my Best Friend...well... I think I'll be more able and willing to do it for HER. I'm jazzed over this. Can you tell???!

April... Yes, it did take some doing... opening up THIS completely... but, on the other hand, I knew it was worth the risk of being judged harshly by some. It seemed so important to me, I thought that there MUST be others out there who might benefit from this different approach. I mean... most of us have tried everything else. Why not try THIS?

Thanks again for taking the time to post on this thread. I really appreciate your thoughts. -- Carol