View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 21:27

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

(~~~*******************~~~)
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BASH ATKINS, OR ANY OTHER PLAN. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE SOME INCREDIBLY SENSITIVE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE SO I WILL REFRAIN FROM PUTTING IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN MY OPINIONS. NO FACTS WILL BE FOUND IN THIS POST. REPEAT: THESE ARE OPINIONS AND NOTHING MORE.
(~~~*******************~~~)

If you are looking to lose weight quickly and healthily, Atkins is probably the best way to go.

However, I find that CAD/CALP is the best for eating for life (weight loss is a side benefit lol). The reason is because it allows you focus on your life and not about food. Food is meant to sustain life, but is also regarded as something enjoyable. Certain foods are comfort foods and some bring back memories. Whatever the reason, most people find it too hard to let go of any particular food group. The plan works, so it is not a matter of if it does, it is a matter of how well the plan works with your lifestyle.

Basically you are doing something that most low-carb AND low-fat plans do not allow. Enjoying any type of food that you desire EVERY SINGLE DAY. Lol, sounds like a gimmick but it is not.

Anyways, CAD/CALP is not for everyone. If you have allergies to foods, than a more restrictive woe would be the better idea. Those who wish to treat hyperinsulinemia (carb addiction through an insulin-resistance) are the ones who work the best with CAD/CALP.

So try it out for a month or two and see how you and your body likes it. If it works, great! If not, try something else. It really is all about what works for you.