View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 17:05
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Angry When PCRM can't get their own way.....

Quote:
With malpractice insurance a hot topic, the committee plans to direct print and Internet ads to doctors, warning of the possible liability associated with recommending a high-protein diet, Dr. Barnard said. He and other committee members will discuss the issue at professional conferences and symposiums and at universities.

First, I'd like to know when Dr. Atkins' became a high-protein diet? When I look at the little pie charts in my software program, it is quite clear that it is a high-fat, low-carb diet.

Second, it's outrageous that these people will resort to instilling fear to get their own way when nothing else works. It's bad enough that doctors can't prescribe supplements without finding themselves in hot water. Now they won't be able to say "the 'A' word". DH is a doctor who just began LCing. I certainly hate to give him this info. It's a little unnerving to see PCRM's registry to report doctors to the government. Maybe Atkins' can start a registry so I can report Dr. Barnard & Dr. Ornish. After all, I got sick following a low-fat vegetarian diet.

Wanda