View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 18:45

Plan: My own.
Stats: 206/194.4/155 Female 5'6"
BF:27.17%
Progress: 23%

Quote:
The REASON you are getting these digestion problems is NOT because you're finally teaching your body how to live the way it should have, but because your body is simply ADJUSTED to not eating them, and therefore makes fewer enzymes that aid in carb digestion

Do you have any proof to back that up?

I ate wheat and corn for years. And even when I got migraines, had acid reflux, acne, and was depressed, I considered myself healthy. But I wasn't. I gave up wheat and corn, and then I knew what healthy was.

Just because your body *can* digest things, doesn't mean it is meant to digest large amounts. I would suggest that when you start a vegetarian diet, that then, your body degrades, and that's why it then has a hard time digesting meat later. However, if you start your life eating the wrong foods (like most of us do unfortunately) what happens is that your body adapts to it up to a point that it finally reject it, and you get sicker and sicker- like I did until I changed my diet dramatically when I was 24.

Eating more carbs may not make me sick- but eating wheat and corn will. Eating gluten and other grains usually make me uncomfortable. Sugar makes me uncomfortable, feels kinda like a tweaker. I admit to having white potatoes the other day- didn't notice much of a reaction- but it was a small serving, and not followed by any other carb indulgence.

Carbs are not a food group- they are a macro. They are found in dairy, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, and grains. To say we are not designed to digest 'carbs' is a gross over simplification.