View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 09:12
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I was recently diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. I take two products from AOR. One is called Ortho-Adapt. It has porcine adrenal tissue, porcine adrenal cortex, vitamin c, licorice root, siberian ginseng, rhodiola, ashwagandha and pantethine.

I also take Thyro 100 from the same company because its been trying to make up for the loss of adrenal support. Try to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. It has L-Tyrosine as its main component, potassium iodide, coleus forskohlii, bacopa monniera, commiphora mukul, guggul ez100, kaempferol, copper, zinc, selenium & myricetin.

Some info on some of these ingredients...

Quote:
1. What is guggul?
Guggul, also called guggulipid, is an ethyl acetate extract of the gum resin of the guggul tree Commiphora mukul, a small bushy tree found in India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. This yellowish gum resin has been used for more than 2000 years in Ayurvedic medicine.

2. What application does guggul have?

It has been identified as a weight loss agent. It activates lipolytic enzymes (1) and increases T3 levels, presumably due to increased conversion of T4 to T3 in the liver, although it may also stimulate the thyroid directly (2).

Bacopa is for cognitive memory function and ability.

Anyway, worth looking into. I've only been on this stuff one week as of today and I'm starting to feel less zombie like during the day.

These products are all corrective in nature, so no need to be on them for life.

Although there are lifestyle changes that need to be made, removing major stressors (or dealing with them aka talking about it), food diet... they recommended a paleo type low pufa diet, so I'm researching that out right now, its kinda new but not so new to me

Best wishes on your journey through this!