View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 09:33

Plan: No Whites/No Grains
Stats: 275/250/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Adrenal Fatigue and my diet/supplements

So last week I had an appointment with a new naturopath, after visiting the ER and having an EKG and a complete blood panel done (all very completely normal) and the ER doctor suggested that I was having anxiety attacks. I was waking up in the middle of the night or sometimes just quietly sitting watching TV, with rapid heart rate and my palms and feet were very sweaty. Then I would get chills. My heart rate would go to 100-105 sometimes (normal resting HR for me is around 80-85). Eight months ago my husband died and I have had an ongoing series of problems with my car breaking down several times, roof leaking and then in November I was given 2 weeks notice that my job was being eliminated. My stress level was through the roof. Around mid-December amidst all the holiday media assault, I started having these attacks. I then re-vamped my low carb eating to include NO grains.

Well, the attacks stopped until about a month ago, so I thought I better check it out. I completely like this naturopath and he gave me a detoxification eating plan which is no starches or sugars or glutens or caffeine BUT said to add .5 cup of brown rice and a small apple or pear each day. He said to withdraw all dairy for 2 weeks then eat some again to make sure I don't also have an lactaid issues. He gave me three vitamin/herb compounds by Metagenics for glucose control, estrogen/testosterone balancing and a calming agent for the adrenals. I have to take them several times a day along with my 4000IU of D3, 400mg magnesium glycinate, 2000mg of C and 600mg of Calcium carbonate. He said it would take about 1-2 months to be symptom free, but that I am also dealing with low estrogen/testosterone due to my radical hysterectomy 5 years ago. That imbalance also causes these same symptoms.

SO, does anyone else have any stories of adrenal failure/fatigue and what they did to feel better. I am very interested.
Sponsored Links