View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 14:37

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default in the long term, that's just fine!

I think in the long term, 50 grams of carbs (not including fiber) a day is just fine...in the long term.

I do think it is important to do the Phase I (30 grams) in the beginning, following the Drs guidelines as to when to go to Phase II (upping the carbs).

But the good news is, by definition, the Phase I portion is TEMPORARY. You will not and should not need to restrict carbs at that level forever. So in the short term, it'll be harder planning meals for the family. But again...temporary.

Short term sacrifices for long term gains (or losses in this case!).

I think, in general, Phase I of Protein Power is ketogenic. Maybe not for everyone, but on average YES. Definitely for me. I wouldn't be concerned one way or the other about ketosis.
Just follow the plan in the book, and you'll be solid!

I know there are many that remain on Protein Power Phase I through the duration of their weightloss. But if the docs say you can up the carbs...I don't see why we should be so afraid to do so. Maybe it'll slow weightloss down a little...but who cares as long as it's going in the right direction!

The only thing you can really do is experiment with the plan FOR YOU...after Phase I. Tailor it to your and your family's needs. That's the only way you'll be able to maintain the plan for life.

-- Loretta