View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 345/265/150
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Hang in there!

Eight pounds in six weeks! That's Great!. How much do you think you would have lost if you hadn't been following this WOE?

I see you're on Atkins. Have you followed it before? Are you an older adult? I understand these things make the going slower for some people, but it still goes.

You can learn oh so much from this website that will help. I don't care what plan each low carber is following, all the plans need a little tweaking to suit the individual.

For instance, you may be sensitive to Dairy or artificial sweeteners and need to cut back on those items. Or you may not be eating enough calories, believe it or not.

As for the people that give you funny looks or make rude comments, ask them how much They have lost on their way of eating in six weeks. Probably nothing.

Ask them what's wrong with a plan that asks you to give up white flour and white sugar. Ask them what is so unhealthy about a diet of nice lean meats and lots of delicious non-starchy veggies!.

Think of your program as an adventure. Make it a point to learn something new every day. Resolve to try at least one new veggie a week. And if you didn't like that veggie the first time, try to prepare it a different way. I've found a little butter, salt, garlic or onion powder and maybe some cheese or sour cream can do wonderful things for all kinds of veggies.

Once again, as for those who are negative or don't support you, ignore them. As your success shows more and more, they are going to start wondering how they can do it too. Right now, I have seven converts who are all losing weight.

And as for support, that's what we're here for.

Best of luck!