View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Pokey - my heart goes out to you. I would give you a big hug if I could. You are really trying and have a lot of obstacles to overcome with your spouse not low-carbing and not helping much. It IS hard and painful to deal with other people's reactions to our weight. It sure doesn't help us when we already have that self-loathing. We so don't need to be reminded.

I have a few suggestions - you might try an overeater's anonymous group. I was heavily involved in this when I was in my twenties and it was the best thing in the world for me. I never lost weight - but that isn't why they are there. They taught me to live a good life as a heavy person and quit crucifying myself.

People might find that hard to believe about me because I complain so much here about being fat. BUT when I was younger, my weight totally wrecked my life. I wouldn't even buy clothes, or go anywhere. I had no sex life because I wouldn't take my clothes off (the stories I could tell). They taught me pride and I have wonderful clothes and have had a tremendous career. I went on from there and had relationships and am now settled down. I even like nude beaches and spas and stuff. Without them, I would never have gotten there. The meetings are free, they have them ALL the time, and you really get the support you need. You don't even have to sign up - you just show up.

Keep using the forum! Visit journals and get to know people better. They really will be there for you!! It does take awhile to really establish a friendship but with some work, you can build a great support system for yourself. I am sure here for you in good times and in bad .

Eight pounds is slow, I will certainly give you that. BUT you have had some unique problems and you live with a non-low-carber (the horror). But eight pounds is eight pounds and that weight will go down!! You have taken a great step by being honest about how you feel and the frustrations you are experiencing. If we can get through those rough times we can make it!! You CAN do this and you sure deserve this! We can all stick together and pull each other over those big fences!!

Thanks for sharing - Cindi