View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 20:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/221/200
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Starvation mode, Calories and Fat oh my

According to several websites including Fitday, my BMR is about 2200 cals, activity factor brings it up around 3200-3600 cals/day to maintain. Only wanting to lose, I am wondering if I am not eating enough therefore have put myself into starvation mode so to speak. I started Atkins mid October at 235. I was true to induction and lost about 7 lbs. Ideally I should be about 185 for my 6 ft frame but would be happy at 200. I walk 2 miles twice a day and lift weights 1 to 2 times a week. Since starting Atkins in mid October I have lost 14 lbs but have stayed at the same weight of 221 since mid November. Inches have not changed hardly at all since I started. Typical day is 2300 cals, 77% fat, 19% protein and 3% carbs. I hover around 25-30 carbs/day. Taking potassium,magnesium, coral calcium, multi vitamin, garlic. I drink a minimum of 120 oz of water every day. I have already tried cutting calories to 1500 with no result. This week I cut some protein and replaced it with fat to help. Should I bump calories up even more? So far nothing seems to be working and very little has changed in almost 4 months. Sample menu as follows:

B
1 Pork Chop
3/4 cup of spinach or green beans loaded w/butter

L
1 hamburger patty with mayo
half cup of green beans or spinach with butter

D
2-3 cups of salad
2 oz of cheddar
5 black olives
4 table spoons of ranch or bleu cheese dressing
2 oz of hamburger