#15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-11, 23:59

Plan: mine
Stats: -/-/- Male 178
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faduckeggs
Her advice on a much healthier salad: good for me for having salad, but I should use chicken breast instead of salmon (she says salmon has too much fat in it), omit the avocado and olives (because they have too much fat in them), have two boiled egg whites instead of a whole egg (again with the fat), add more veggies to my salad bowl (especially the very healthy grilled corn, chick peas, green peas, etc), use the fat free pre-shredded cheese instead of the parmesan I requested, leave off the olive oil and just use a nice "lite" vinegrette. And I might want to add some whole wheat croutons or very healthy baked sesame sticks to my salad to keep me full longer

This is so absurd
You should have told her that it's impossible to survive without dietary fat because they're essential for the body and her salad would be 0% fat while even the nutritionists that promote low-fat diets say that fats should be 30% of the diet. So she's not even following the advices of those that the promote the kind of diet she thinks to understand.

Also, while I'm not a fan of the other extreme (i.e. eating abnormal amount of fat in a way that would be almost impossible if it wasn't for modern food technology and wealth) I think it's absurd to remove fat where nature put it.
So the idea of de-fatting milk or de-fatting eggs or aschewing avocados doesn't make any sense.