View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-11, 13:18

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

This company is a big promoter of Weight Watchers. It seems everyone here is on WW, the WW points are listed on the cafeteria choices and the Company even subsidizes the cost of WW membership. So, people are always offering free commentary on my foods. From people in my department to comnplete strangers in the cafeteria, I hear this type of advice ALL.THE.TIME.

I am constntly warned about eating food with fats in them, and how one of these days my diet is going to "catch up with me." (I've only worked here 6 months, so they didn't know me when I was heavier.)

And yet, despite all the unsolicited comments about my food chocies, they don't seem to notice that when we have our monthly b-day cake for the department, I never take a piece, while they are all calulating how many points are in a piece of cake and how they can have X amount of cake if they just skip lunch. And when we have pot lucks, I do load up on meat and salad, but I never touch the desert table, ever. So, even on a calories in, calories out straight equation, I just don't eat as much. Yet, the fact that I eat fat seems to startle everyone.

I've gotten used to it, and I just don't have the desite or energy to respond most days.