View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 12:02

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Lipohypertrophy (fat lumps)

I had this nagging feeling that I was right all along to believe that chronic carbohydrate poisoning eventually causes permanent physiological changes that can't be reversed just by cutting carbs. To illustrate:

http://www.google.ca/images?um=1&hl...g3g-m1&aql=&oq=

Eloquent, isn't it.

This is what Gary Taubes was talking about. Injecting insulin in the same spot for years will cause a fat lump in that spot that can't be rid of just by stopping the injections at that site. But we're not all diabetics type 1, we're just fat. Yes, that's true. But the lesson here is that insulin is more active at the injection site than anywhere else in the body. And, insulin changes our physiology, but more specifically our fat tissue permanently.

Permanently.

This means if we're 40 and we've been eating truckloads of carbs since birth, we won't grow as lean as the other guy who's 40 and hasn't, just by cutting carbs and hoping for the best. We'll only grow as lean as our fat tissue will allow. It also means we're going to end up with muffin tops. The muffin top is due in part to the constant insulin pumping out of our pancreas in response to the carbohydrate load, and the fact that insulin is more active at the site (or closest to the site) it is injected in the body, i.e. the pancreas. We're fatter in the middle, and leaner in the extremities.

But then we're all fooked and can't reverse this at all? No, that's not true. We can reverse this, we just have to use the same tools that got us into this mess in the first place: Hormones. Remember what Taubes was saying about hormones and which ones made us lean opposite insulin? Well, that's a good place to start.
Sponsored Links