View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 11:06
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

You can have our snow! We have around 8 inches, topped with a couple inches of ice, and then with another inch or two of snow on top. The ice is thick enough that I can walk on the surface of the snow without breaking through.

Dinner is going to be one of my usual CALP cook ups. Saute garlic and scallion in oil, add either diced roast beef or chicken, and season with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, hot pepper, or parmesian cheese (or a mixture of all!). When browned, add a dab of water and a dollop of sour cream to make a sauce, add an amount of frozen green beans equal to the meat serving, heat through and serve over a giant bed of fresh alfalfa or clover sprouts. Desert (reward part of the CALP meal) is usually an apple, but occasionally chocolate or ice cream, or a bagle or rice or pasta - always in an amount equal to the meat serving. (Valentine's day was chocolate covered caramels.) I try not to have sugary rewards more than twice a week, though, since I think that having them on back to back days increases the chance that I'll start triggering cravings.

I was never much of a vegetable eater before starting CALP, but they sure taste good mixed in with a well seasoned meat sauce. I find that I really miss my sprouts if I run out of them.

One other thing that helps is growing my own sprouts at homes (using seed and sprouters from Johnny's Selected Seeds company). Super fresh veggies in winter feels like a luxury and sure beats the limp stuff at the grocery store.

As for other meals, breakfast is usually ground beef and green beans, either with sour cream and garlic or with bacon bits and a seasoning level of cheese. Lunch is a normally a couple slices of really top quality ham and a chunk of a good cheddar cheese.

Sometimes, for extra seasoning zip in one of my chicken cook-ups, I'll add some diced pepperoni. I treat cured meats like sugar, though, and limit exposure to only a couple times of week, and make sure I always have at least 24 hours (48+ is better, though) between anything that could trigger cravings.

Lynda