View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 18:30

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Thumbs up Hmmm....

Eating eggs all day long is definitely true. When I was in grad school, eggs were a staple in my diet. My other advice is to try shopping at a local grocer/butcher. The one I have started shopping has a regular weekly price of $1.49/lb for boneless skinless chicken breast. The chain store in town sells it for $3.49/lb and up. The deals there are much better than at the chain stores.

Check out frozen veggies...they are often cheaper per pound than fresh and just as nutritious.

Be willing to eat what is on sale. If you are picky or have in mind exactly what you want, you won't be as likely to be able to shop the sales. I eat everything that is on sale, from meat to cheese to veggies to fruit. If it is not on sale, I normally won't buy it, even I am totally craving it.

Try buying nuts from cake/candy stores (if you can handle going in them!). The one down the street from me sells bulk nuts for baking and candy at around $3-4/lb. Much better than in the little containers in the store.

Okay, I am done. If you can't tell, I like to get good deals. The only down side with eating LC is it has really cut back on using coupons. No one makes coupons for meats or fresh veggies. I run into a few cheese and frozen veggie ones now and again, but they are rare!!!

Amy