#5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 11:44

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default You requested feedback:

Oh, how I could relate to your post.

I was on a low-fat diet, then I did WW and nothing would move the weight off my middle. I knew exactly how much fibre and fat was in every morsel I ate! I didn't have a lot of weight to loose - aobut 15 - 20lbs. but it just wouldn't come off. Besides being extremely frustrated, I disliked what I ate - nothing tasted good - I had these awful cravings for "sweets" - I'd eat low-fat and think I was in control then I'd binge on sweets - I just couldn't seem to stop once I began. Then I'd berate myself for being so weak etc. and it seemed to be a self-defeating cycle.

I knew there had to be a better way and while searching a low-carb website I discovered different lists of books with a small statement from each author - it was like Dr. S was speaking to me - I could relate to everything she said. I went to the library and rented the book. I read it twice, from cover to cover. I was so impressed with the information I insited both my daughters read it. The results have been (literally) amazing!

I know I (might) sound like a Dr. S. evangalist, but you did ask for feedback. Stick with the plan - it works - my family and I are happy, healthy, living proof!

Good luck.

I, like you, used to do just cardio (to burn fat) but had never seen any results in the two years I had been doing step aerobics + weights. I have been eating TSP for over a year now, I have lost all but 2 - 3 pounds I have wanted to loose, I (carelessly) count my carbs and ocassionally on the weekend, I will allow myself a "treat" - during the week I (usually) don't injest any sugar. I am down a size in clothes and I can actually see some improvement in my body - less fat and more toning. I cut once cardio class and concentrate on warming up on the tredmill and do free weights one day a week. I also joined a yoga class one evening a week - for stretching and strengthening. (I am 55 in in the Big M and everything that wasn't sagging was tightening up!)

But the BEST part for me is - I no longer suffer from cravings. It feels incredible to be free of cravings. Not to look at a cinnamon bun and begin salivating! I cook with cold pressed olive oils and almond and peanut oil and use only the salad dressing listed in TSP Cookbook. Food has never tasted so good! And I've been able to eliminate sugar in my coffee and tea - something I thought I'd never be able to do!

I have more energy, I sleep well, I feel wonderful, take 100% natural HRT and I will never go off this WOE. My daughter, who was carrying post-pregnancy weight, has lost two clothes sizes and threw out most of her other cookbooks and cooks low-carb and TSP recipes only.