View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 09:48
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I've been snowed in since yesterday morning with four adolescents (my son, my daughter, and my daughter's two friends who slept over on Saturday night for her birthday and who were not able to get home yesterday because of all the snow -- my husband just measured 24 inches on our back deck). At this point, it doesn't look like anyone is getting out of here until tomorrow at the earliest (they just announced on the news that they are not even going to start plowing neighborhood streets until tomorrow), so we are keeping a close watch on the food -- with three 13-year-olds and a 17-year-old things like milk and eggs are rapidly disappearing. Dinner tonight is spaghetti and meatsauce, with spaghetti squash for me (and anyone else who wants it) instead of noodles. I'm also making a big salad, but that will be the end of the fresh vegetables I have in the house. I hope we get out of here tomorrow or low carbing is going to become more difficult.

Dinner yesterday was a potluck at my neighbor's house -- a neighborhood tradition when we are all snowed in. I made a turkey breast and was very good -- I ate the turkey, salad, and London broil and ignored all the desserts.