#2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 18:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/143/130
BF:
Progress: 78%
Thumbs up

Hello nostalgic!
I am a new member to the forum but have been reading along for quite a while. I was looking for an answer to this question myself but was unable to find the SF russell stovers addressed.
I was scared... but I bought a variety of the sugar free russell stovers chocolates and the sugar free cream savers a few weeks ago.... Oh they are wonderful! I had forgotten that chocolate was not chalky!! I have now replaced the low carb bars I have been eating as snacks with the sugar free russell stovers!! If you compare labels, they both contain maltitol...so I see no difference in eating them vs the commercial low carb bars! Eating them has had no affect on my cravings or weight loss thus far!
In the Dr Atkin's new diet revolution book , it says that yes you can subtract the sugar alcohol from total carbs to get net carbs which impact blood sugar! This is in the "Eating in the real world" chapter, pg 243. You must get the book!! I would avoid these products during induction and I am sure that some people will say avoid them all together. But for me, they are great as an occassional treat!!