#3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 147/142.5/115
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Thanks, Karen

I just had a victory. I did NOT want protein! I wanted noodles with butter or Nachos or a big baked potato . . . or maybe just to snack from whatever sounded good in the pantry and forget the whole thing. But I didn't. I pulled out some meat and cooked it, even though everyone else was snacking. One day at a time . . . when I win a battle like that I am telling myself I am serious about this and want to succeed . . .

I do need to count more carefully. I did the first week, and slacked off this weekend especially. I love fruit, and hate having it restricted. But you are right - I can eat half the apple instead of the whole. If I am in control, I can make any decision! And that is the thing about eating plenty of protein - it allows me to be more in control. I went out last night for some sugar free ice cream, and felt so sick afterwards! Silly me, I forgot I have to count the carbs in the milk! So, apparently I am doing something right if my body yells at me for too many carbs. I will restrict myself again this week and see better results, I'm sure.

I'm not sure about throwing away the scale, though . . . did you? I mean, it does help me to know I'm on the right track, and I think if I totally got away from that goal that I would fall on my face more quickly. Although, I'm starting to think my body is going to hold onto these pounds a lot harder than I thought it would.

Please write back. I really appreciate the support. I've never been one to "join a group", but this internet support is awesome.
I have that nagging voice inside that is telling me I'm going to blow it because I always do at this point . . . and . . . I want to believe this time is different.

Oh - one more question - do you know anything about permission to have a totally carb meal or carb day without it messing things up? It seems like I've heard of that, but didn't understand what it meant. Something about lots of carbs at one sitting intermittently don't do to us what constant carbing does? Help me with that one if you can.