View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 17:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/317/180
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi freydis,

What great news being under 300 lbs on ALL the scales. Now, go into the mirror and give yourself a great big ol' smile for me. Way to go. That is great news. Makes me keep on going that much better. Success stories are always inspiring.

As far as the boat goes, it is just something to spend a lot of time with and a lot more money on. It has been out of the water for the past two years, we did a lot of major repairs and just got it back in the water last October, now we have to paint the deck and do a lot of cosmetic work like that. The problem was I was getting so big, I could not get around on it very well. At least that is getting better

I have not lost any weight lately, but I know what I am doing wrong. My wife bought some cashews the other day and they were good. I have also not been doing as well on the water consumption as when I started. I am starting back on the water again so that should help next week. Water, water, water, dang it seems to be the magical fluid, but it just takes work to stay with it. Oh well, I am not complaining. This is still better than any other way of eating I believe. Of course anyone who drinks a lot of water gets a lot of exercise, that is for sure.

Quote:
Ok, now what sort of shop are you running? I must have not been paying attention.

I have hydraulic shop. We make hydraulic hoses for the construction machines and also repair various componets such as cylinders and pumps and such. We are kinda like an emergency room at a hospital, when one of those big machines go down, they take off the bad part and we fix it. We do a lot of machine work and welding and such.

Well, congrats again on the weight loss and the rings. I think it will be nice to be able to wear my wedding ring again. It has been a long time. My weight has taken so much of my life from me, and when I look back it is amazing how much I gave up just to be big and hate it. Next year I am going to get out and do a lot more. This summer I am going to do some backpacking with my daughter and next winter, I am going to do some cross country skiing. At least low carb has given me hope again.

Well hang in there and don't slow up on that like I did and write when you can.

Charlie