Old Thu, Jan-06-11, 17:20

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 254/222/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Congrats on your successful losses!!
My neighbor lost drinking optifast shakes, about 150 lbs worth. She's kept it off for several years too and still eats their packets of food. I guess it works for her.

Me, I like to learn to cook and have made it into something that I truly eenjoy doing. My new hobby!

As for that 3 lb rule, I never used to have any rules about my weight as I refused to get on a scale. I preffered to live in the land of denial....oy!!! At my current weight, +3 lbs is kinda the same as 15-20 when I was near 300 lbs.

I literally have to fight with myself some days to get on the scale as my old mental chatter tries to pull me back into my old habits....but I fight on!!

I hope that this strategy works out for you.
I'm afraid it'd be too loose for me. what I did do as I was losing was to pick 2 old foods that I allowed to myself to have a portion of once a month as I lost my weight.
1 was pasta and I allowed myself a 2 oz portion of Dreamfields once a month and yes, I measured the 2 ozs and didn't go over.
The other was to allow myself a real NYC bagel once a month. Doing it this way kept my indulgences very small and it also helped me feel, in my mind that is, that I wasn't being deprived of my old favs.
As time has gone by and my committment to transforming my eating has remained, my food has continued to evolve and that box of Dreamfields in my kitchen has been untouched for about 2 yrs now.

Oh yes...I meant AFTER I reach goal. It'd be a slippery slope to fat if I tried ANY strategy other than awesome right now. I am giving myself 3 month increments at this time. After my 1st 3 months, IF I have lost the 50-60lbs I wanted to lose in that time frame, I will allow myself a small indulgence. If I even want it. I have learned over time that the physical repercussions on eating 'crap' far outweigh my desire to taste them (just like the bolded). I am so relieved to feel great right now as the holidays had me hating myself and feeling like I was trying to pull a horse carriage sluggish.

Melissa: yes I want to LOSE 85-110 total (must have been side tracked while typing as I can totally see why you thought that)...my first goal is 160 as I vaguely remember feeling extremely fit and healthy at that weight. 10 years and 3 kids later, my body may have other plans so I will re-evaluate my goal at that time. Pretty much, once I get down to 160, I will be more focused on fitness and body composition than a number on the scale and if more weight falls off, so be it, kwim