View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 15:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Congratulations on the IBS and the 8 pounds! You have really had double success. I have been plagued with IBS for a long time. At my worst, I lost 70 pounds and most of my hair and skin color. It was so bad that I never went anywhere unless I knew where the public restroom was. I can't count the number of times I was in the restroom at the grocery store - I couldn't last that long. After the worst years were over, it never went away completely. I have spent so many evenings running back and forth to the bathroom all night long.

Since low-carbing my IBS is completely gone. Totally and completely. I was very surprised, I had not anticipated that at all. I was afraid to eat the fats. It is darn near a miracle!! I couldn't be happier. I would have to eat this way forever even if I never lost another pound. It seems like I just don't digest complex carbs whatsover. Pasta, rice, potatoes, and bread really are my culprits. I think the stuff just pours through me. And the fats, make me feel good. Just the opposite of what I always thought. I am kind of bitter that my physician was so far off base about it. Good Luck and welcome to a life away from running to the bathroom anywhere and everywhere! Cindi