View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 11:41

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 175/175/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I Have To Admit

I have to admit that Week One was fun for me. I am really getting caught up in this WOE and absolutely loved reading all your posts, looking for new recipes, shopping etc. I hope my enthusiasm continues down the road but at least for now, I love it.

Also, there is very little I feel I am giving up because this WOE has actually added much more things I feel free to eat. Stocking my pantry has cost me a lot of $$ but that's because I haven't been cooking for years and there is a lot of junk in my house I have to get rid of. I never kept eggs or butter or meat in my frig and I'm finding cheeses can be a bit pricey too. Then I had to buy oils and spices too. I think this will all level out once I have a good base established.

I made one of the LC desserts with cream cheese and ricotta (reduced fat of course) but I think that is a mistake on my part. Already I see that yummy concoction calls out to me too frequently. I think I still have to break the chain of using sweet confections as a substitute for good eating.

The other thing is I immediately have noticed more energy. I lived for years on empty calories and depended on a good food supplement to keep me going. I haven't taken the supplement this week (I plan on going back to using it though) and still my energy has increased.

Now if I can only add some exercise I've smoked for too many years and been way too lazy. Hopefully the weather will co-operate soon and I will at least try to walk a bit each day.

This is such a great site. I really like reading all your posts, they are so interesting.

Carole
Sponsored Links