View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 19:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%
Question FM Flares & Carb Intake

Hi folks - I've introduced myself at the TDC, but this is my first post to your section.

Doreen - thanks for all your hard work - I've read through all the threads looking for connections & insight.

My question - I only re-started LC on Monday, so this is Day6 for me. I've tried many times over the last few years to duplicate that initial LC success. I've had great difficulty staying on plan & feel that health complications are part of that, with emotional health another big factor.

So Friday there was a flare (post-rain) when I could hardly move - you know, that feeling where it feels like you're pushing through mud just to move/walk/be mobile. Total fatigue/almost unable to drive & certainly couldn't think or work. (Bad since I'm newly self-employed and need every billable hour.)

What I noticed was that it was WAY harder for me to stick to plan - I ate within the right categories of food choices, I just couldn't seem to limit the quantities. So my calories ended up over 3500, and my carbs (less fiber) at 44. When you add this to a day with two 3-hour nap/rest sessions, it has to be more fuel in than burned.

Also - even though I stuck to the right foods, I never ever stopped craving sugar for 1 minute. My mind chatter yama yama voice just kept urging me "Oh eat a little bit - it will help."

So I'm wondering - has anyone else noticed a correlation between their bad days & their success or attitude with food?
Sponsored Links