View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 15:48

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Thanks, these are all good ideas!

Nuts are not allowed on the SS plan or I'd definitely go for them, Macleay. I put macadamias on my hubby's salads often, and they're wonderful. One of my very favorites. (We won't talk about macadamia nut cookies WILL we?) I'll have to check if pumpkin seeds are legal for Somersizing. I think they might be. Will go ask over in that forum. Thanks Karen!

Hmm... I guess I could try some of these suggestions with pork rinds. I disliked the flavor so much and they are SO salty that I ate one and tossed the whole bag I'd bought. Summer*rai, your recipe sounds so appealing I guess I'm just going to have to try again.

Jerky is nummy (not light and crunchy tho) but again really high sodium. Is there lower sodium jerky and maybe even pork rinds?

Popcorn, rice cakes, chips all gone. I guess I could have puffed wheat cereal as a legal SS snack. Hmm... I wonder if I could flavor them somehow, legally?

I'm stoked today because my hubby got us a little container of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream for Valentine's day. He thought I could cheat just a little for a special occasion. Hoo boy, of all the flavors he could have chosen, walnuts are out on SS, chocolate has caffeine and bananas are about the only fruit I CAN'T have! Not wanting to hurt his feelings I had some with him and surprise, surprise, I was one pound down this morning anyway!!! Whoopee!

Now I have to figure out how to lose the rest of the container before I'm tempted to push my luck!

Gonna try those melt in the microwave and cool cheese crispies that everyone is suggesting. They sound yummy.