#8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 13:31

Plan: OFP
Stats: 150/128/125 Female 5'3 3/4"
BF:30%?/19.6%/20%
Progress: 88%
Default May I Join You?

Hi Ya'll

I am having some issues that are causing some Carb. Creep. I believe it is a viscious circle.

I have a narrowing in my esophogus which can make swallowing some foods difficult. Acid Reflux Disease is the root cause. I have noticed higher carbs seem to cause more reflux?

Thursday night I was having a Tuscany Salad (greens, mushrooms, feta, grape tomatoes, olives etc.) and some Turnip greens. Things got stuck, backed up and I ended up in the bathroom regurgitating. Nothing even made it into my stomach...Usually when this situation occurs it is while eating some kinds of meats, roasted chicken, steak, pork chop, etc. Dry is bad! Bread, cake, etc. have been off limits for a very long time, even b4 LC.

Now it is happening while eating veggies?????

This problem seemed to go away during my stricter months of Atkins. I did have it corrected a couple of years ago via a balloon type procedure. That is expensive, cannot be done repeatedly and I hope not to repeat it if not necessary.

So, I have fallen back to eating softer/higher carb foods to compensate. :/ But I believe if I get my carbs under control this will resolve itself.

It was actually my GF (who is also LCing) that pointed out to me while I was in strict induction (from July 02 - Nov 02) that I had few occurances of this problem, dispite the meat based nature of my LCing choices.

Thanks so much for listening :/