#13   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-10, 21:50

Plan: ADF
Stats: 375/235.9/165 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDansyr
Why don't we do a study on a large group of people with "healthy weights" and see how many of them had tumultuous childhoods and emotional issues that have followed them into adulthood. I bet the percentages will be similar to those who are overweight.
Yeah, I like this one. I'm fat - but I don't think I have emotional problems worse than anyone else's. I think I'm *much* more stable emotionally than either of my two slender sisters - who always seem to fly off the wall at the least provocation. I was never abused as a child. I did have a really difficult relationship with my mom - but actually a better relationship than either of my two slender sisters had with her. And all three of us agree that my dad was just about a saint on earth and we all adored him - though he had his moments too. His humor was always a bit on the biting and sarcastic side, though I often think he never realized that sometimes it upset people.

But in general I'd say I probably had a better childhood than 90% of the people on the planet. My two slender sisters both moan about their "unhappy childhood" but we lived in a very nice home, a house full of books with parents who read to us every night when we were little, took us on lovely vacations every year, gave us nice birthday parties and full Christmases, took us on day trips and to museums and things. I want to bang my sisters' heads again the wall sometime and say "sheesh, get over it".

My son claims I am the only stable and level-headed one of the three sisters and more than once has told me he's so glad that *I* am his mom rather than either of my two slender and beautiful sisters. I don't see that being fat means you must have any serious emotional problems at all - either before or after the fact of fatness.

Yeah, I sometimes get *frustrated* about my slow weight loss, and an occasional brief "why me?" wallow, but that's a far cry, IMHO, for having major emotional issues.